Everest Base Camp Trekking is not just about reaching the foothill of world’s tallest mountain. It is amalgamation of high altitude topographical experience and people’s cultural understanding. Too many of superlative activities do make it an exciting prospect of finding the inner self of your traveling desires. From adventure to creation of momentous events EBC trek tops all. Journey starts with adventurous flight to world’s most extreme airport the Lukla Airport from Kathmandu. From temperate to alpine forests trekkers ascends and descends through valley of moraines and glaciers. Places like Phakding, Manjo and Sagarmatha National Park Entrance are covered before halting for acclimatization rest in Namche Bazaar. The place is thriving town of Khumbu region in which most of the daily goods of trekkers and locals depend on. Trip of Everest View Hotel or Khumjung during acclimatization would enthrall any individuals for greater good. Amadablam, Tabuche, Lhotse, Nuptse, Everest, Thamserku, Kwangde and many others dazzle trekkers.
Your Trek Maximum Height: Kalapatthar 5,545 m (18,192 ft)
Names of Everest: Sagarmatha (Local Language) and Tsomolangma (Tibetan Language)
Lukla Airport: One of the extreme adventures Airport in the World
Namche Bazar: Capital of Khumbu region
UNESCO Site: EBC trekking trail consist in Natural UNESCO Heritage site
Mountain scenery: Lhotse (8,516 m-24,940 ft), Nuptse (7,855m-25,772 ft) and Mt. Makalu (8,463m/27,758ft), Mt. Pumori (7,161m/23,488ft), Tharmarsarku (6,623m/21,723ft) with many more
- Local Town of Namche bazaars - a Popular Sherpa People Town
- Panorama view from Syangboche including Mt. Everest 8848m
- Sherpa people and culture
- Closed view of Thamsherku,Amadablam & pumori
- Sunrise view from kalapatthar including breathtaking views of Mt. Everest
- Everest base camp an altitude of 5360m
- Khumbu glacier, one of the biggest glacier in Himalayas
Top Trekking Packages in Everest Region
1. Always keep some Extra Days before and after Your trek when you book Your Fights
Lukla Airport, mountain Airport situated at altitude of 2,800m, always face the weather problem. Flights are always depends on Weather condition. So in case of that, it may take you to flight cancellations and delayed for propose of safety. Therefore, it is very better to have extra few days (1- 2 days) in Kathmandu after your trek. During your time in Kathmandu, You may visit some of Cultural and natural UNSCO heritage sites, which leads to numerous Temples and Monuments. As we all know, Kathmandu itself known as Home of God where you can find great Number of Temple than Houses.
2. Check your Health before you come to Nepal
Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal remarks as one of the top trek with lifetime experience of Trek. At the same time, you need to have good physical fitness to do EBC trek. Trekkers those who are suffered from Asthma and heart Dieses are not recommended to do this Trek. So please make sure you are in Fit before doing Everest Base Camp Trek
3. Make Good Insurance
Well, we all know Everest base camp trek leads you to the Base of Giant Mt. Everest an altitude of 5360m. It is very important to have good Insurance in case of Emergency. Sometime you may suffer from Altitude Sickness when getting into high altitude, we need fly down or get back to hospital. So please make sure, you have made good insurance which cover emergency rescue and medical expenses before you go trek.
4. Knowledge of Altitude sickness
While doing Everest base Camp Trek, high altitude also comes along day by day. In general when we get higher than 4000m, you may have chances to suffer from Altitude sickness. Altitude is very inpridictable that we never know who can suffer from it. So it would be very good if you get also some knowledge about it.
5. Expenses will increase when go higher and higher
Everest Base Camp trek is not connected with Road, so that Yaks and porter are main means of Transport. Everyday hundreds of hundreds porter carries loads of Food and Drinks from Lukla to EBC. So that transportation charges comes higher. While taking Everest Base Camp trek packages with Scenic Nepal Treks, will includes all yours expenses and look after everything is going well.
6. Do not miss Kalapatthar (Recommended to go in the Morning)
From Everest Base Camp Mount Everest cannot be seen. Kalapatthar is a viewpoint located an altitude of 5500m offers you breathtaking views of Mountain including World Highest Peak Everest. It is much recommended to visit on Morning, so that you can capture glorious Sunrise.
7. Checklist for your Trekking
Theses given Equipment are general guide to the things that you may should bring during trekking. Your trekking equipment list will be very depending on trekking Region and season that you are going to do in. However, these are the most useful list that most of the trek and season you need to bring. We Scenic Nepal Treks recommend you to this bring Equipment as per given:
- Trekking Boots and Spare Laces
- Hat (Warm), Scarf, and Gloves
- Waterproof Jacket
- Running shoes, Sandals or Flip shoes
- Wool Bled Shocks, liner shocks
- Thermal Underwear
- Sun Hat
- Fleece Jacket T-Shirts (Quick Dry)
- Down Jacket (Min -10C) Depends where/When you are trekking
- Sleeping Bag and Silk Liner (Scenic Nepal Treks Provide you)
- Maps, Torch (Flash Lights) and Water Bottle
- Duffel Bag (Scenic Nepal Trek Provide you)
- Quick drying Camp Towel
- Laundry Soup Powder or bar
- Toilet Paper and Cigarette Lighter ( If you Smoke)
- Sunblock Cream and Lip warm
- Polarizing Sunglasses
- Water Purification Tablets
- Medical and First Aid Kit Box (We Scenic Nepal Treks Provide you, however, we recommend you to use your own if you have)
- Locks for your Bags during trek
- Ear Plugs
Things you can Rent or Buy here in Kathmandu
Once you will arrive in Kathmandu, Scenic Nepal Treks Guide will assist you to buy the Equipment in the Shop of Thamel, Kathmandu. However such Equipment as Down Jacket, Sleeping Bags, we can also rent here.