This trek is perfect for people who have little time. But also wants to experience demanding and exciting vacations in Nepal. Since this trek provides an aerial view of the Himalayas, you won't miss an Everest trip in just over a week as it saves your time. Therefore If you are willing to do our regular Everest Base Camp Trek but you have limited time, then this would an ideal trip for you,
Our 11 days trip begins in Kathmandu, and the next day we fly to Lukla and continue trek to Everest Base Camp. We charter a helicopter from Gorakshep on our way back to Lukla.
The Everest region (Khumbu) is one of Nepal's most renowned tourist destinations, notable for its stunning mountain peaks and it's resident's (the Sherpas) loyalty and kindness. The Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most scenic treks in the Everest region. The Cho La High Pass requires some technical expertise. But with good health and acclimatization, you'll have nothing to worry about. Trekkers find the package to be arduous and rewarding. You'll see some of the highest mountains on earth rise to the stars throughout the journey. The trek allows an Everest Base camp travel experience with a helicopter tour from Mount Everest, the base of the world's tallest mountain. It is a fun escapade but a short trek in the Everest area that allows you to hike to the Everest Base Camp and return by Heli.
During your entire trip, our hikers will be walking through Beautiful Sherpa Villages along with the Breathtaking Peaks views of over 8000m. Once you will be reached to Lukla, you will be met by our Sherpa Porter and slowly hike to Everest base camp. We visit and stop by numerous villages and Monasteries including Tengboche Monastery. Tengboche Monastery is one of the oldest monasteries in the Khumbu region which was built in the 17th century. Gorakshep village, located at the altitude of 5100 offers you final accommodation before reaching Everest Base Camp (5360m). To sum up, we go to Everest Base camp in the afternoon and back to Gorakshep by the evening before sunset. There you get to see the Beautiful Khumbu Glacier, One of the biggest Glaciers in the Himalayas. In the next early morning, we hike to Kalapatthar (5500m) to have Sunrise views Over Mount Everest and Mt. Lhotse. If the weather is good enough to allow it, you will see your best Sunrise Views. The same day from Gorakshep, you will fly down by Helicopter to Lukla.
11 Days Everest base camp trekking with Helicopter is one of Top selling trekking packages by Scenic Nepal Treks. Your adventures begin with an approximately 28 minutes flight from Kathmandu Airport to Lukla Airport ( Tenzing Hillary Airport), one of the adventurous flights in the world. If you are wishing to do Everest Base Camp Trek within a short period of Time, Our 11 Days EBC Trek with Heli would be an ideal trip. Many of our hikers from Scenic Nepal Treks do 14 Days Everest Camp trek which is longer and cheaper compare to Heli Trip.
What if the Flight to Lukla / Kathmandu delayed?
It is very normal to have flights delayed between Lukla and Kathmandu. Lukla Airport, also known as Tenzing Hillary Airport is one of the extreme Airports located at the feet of the top of World, Mount Everest. Due to Wind, quick-changing weather, we often get flights delayed or canceled. It is fine if you have enough time even if the flight gets canceled or delayed, but with limited time it is very challenging to get back to Kathmandu sometimes.
So in case of flight delayed or canceled, we wait for the weather to be cleared or there is an option for you to fly by helicopter with additional cost. You will be paying for accommodation and meals by yourself if it will get the flight delayed or canceled. We suggest you have a few more extra days in Kathmandu after your trek.
Here's a general outline of what the Everest Base Camp trek with helicopter return would look like:
- Arrival in Kathmandu: Your journey begins with your arrival in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. Take some time to explore the city and make necessary preparations for your trek.
- Flight to Lukla: From Kathmandu, you will take a scenic flight to Lukla, which is the starting point of the trek. Lukla is known for its unique and thrilling airstrip, often referred to as one of the most dangerous airports in the world.
- Trek to Everest Base Camp: The trek from Lukla to Everest Base Camp typically takes around 10-14 days, depending on your itinerary and acclimatization needs. You will pass through picturesque Sherpa villages, dense forests, suspension bridges, and stunning mountain scenery as you make your way towards the base camp.
- Everest Base Camp: Once you reach Everest Base Camp, you will have the opportunity to soak in the breathtaking views of Mount Everest and the surrounding Himalayan peaks. You can spend some time exploring the base camp area and taking photographs to commemorate your achievement.
- Helicopter Return: After enjoying the experience at Everest Base Camp, instead of retracing your steps back to Lukla, you will take a helicopter flight back to either Lukla or Kathmandu, depending on your package. The helicopter ride provides a unique aerial perspective of the Himalayas and allows you to save time and energy on the return journey.
- Departure: Once you reach Lukla or Kathmandu, you can either catch a flight back home or continue exploring Nepal, depending on your travel plans.
Additionally, altitude sickness is a concern during the Everest Base Camp trek, so it's crucial to acclimatize properly, listen to your body, and follow the guidance of experienced guides or Sherpas throughout the trek.