Indian National: Indian Nationals do not require visa however. Indians travelling to Nepal by air have to show upon arrival at entry point either a passport, Voter's Identity card issued by the Election Commission of India, or an Identity card with photograph issued by the Central or Sate Government of India. temporary Identity card with Picture issued by Nepal based Indian Diplomatic mission for Identification of Indian nationals will also be considered in case of exceptions. Children under 10 years need not show any identification. For students between the age of 10-18 years, School/Collage Photo ID card is valid.
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Visa Facility - Duration - Fees
Multiple Entry - 15 days - US$ 25.00
Multiple Entry - 30 days - US$ 40.00
Multiple Entry - 90 days - US$ 100.00.?
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
- Visa can be obtained at the airport or any designated entry points upon arrival.? A prescribed application needs to be filled and submit together with a passport photo.? It may also be obtained from the Nepalese Embassies / Diplomatic missions abroad in advance.? However, the visa fee in the diplomatic missions may differ from what the fees suggested above.
- Visa for upto 30 days stay is obtained for citizens of SAARC member nations.? (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka).? Indian Nationals do require a visa to enter Nepal.
- A Visa can be extended to a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (January – December)