Annapurna Base Camprecommends an exceptional ecosystem from where we can experience the wide variety of Flora and Fauna, the charismatic appearance of Annapurna Himalaya. Furthermore, on the way, you will walk towards a deep George that slices between Mt. Machhapuchhre and Mt. Hinchuli Himalaya. Well, we will hike across the wooden bridge, stone pathway, passes the Rhododendron forest, explore and observe the cultivation of the Gurung community which is the most amazing lifetime involvement in the natural amicable environment.
Especially, the delightful view of Annapurna Sunrise Trek is known as Ghorepani Poonhill. There we can see the eye-catching spot (6,000) meter altitude of Mount Annapurna and Fishtail as well as one of the Beautiful bound of flower and green scenery of Ghandruk Village.
Scenic Nepal Treks provide a successful trekking program for those hiking lovers who want to scrutinize the adventurous scenery of Annapurna Basecamp. Visitors curiosity about Annapurna Base Camp already make us thinking about the best holiday hiking program so we collect the list of the question on the basis of the traveler's emails. Here we provide more information as per your interest.
How do we travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara?
Genuinely, we have two options. Either we will take a drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by Private Vehicle or Tourist Bus around 6-7 hours or we will take a flight from Kathmandu Nepal Airport to Pokhara for around half hours. If you have limited time in Nepal, going by Road can kill your time.
Which is the best season for Trekking in Annapurna Base Camp?
- March to June is considered
- September to Janurary
Annapurna Base Camp Altitude:
The altitude of Annapurna Camp is 4,130m. Furthermore, for visitors who wish to trek around ABC than maximum altitude is 4,300m.
Duration of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
It is all about your interest according to your holiday program. If you love to explore and observe the adventurous scenery it takes 12 days to complete the ABC trek but if you have a short day holiday hiking program you
can complete it easily in 7 days.
What is the Trip Highlight to visit Annapurna Base Camp (ABC)?
- Natural beautiful city Pokhara and Around
- The terraced farmland above Pokhara
- Visit the inner sanctuary of Annapurna panoramic views of 10 peaks over 6000m
- Stunning views of Dhaulagiri and the Kali Gandaki from Poon Hill
- Surrounded by a ring of impressive mountains, including Annapurna I 8091m (26540ft.)
- The combination of pretty villages and farmland at Ghaundrung, set against the panorama of high peaks beyond makes this one of the most picturesque of treks
- Natural hot spring at Jhinudanda
- Local culture and their lifestyle
Is there any age limit to do Annapurna Base Camp?
No, there is no age limit but you should be physically healthy, fit, and able to trek.
How difficult is Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Either it is easy or difficult. Annapurna Base Camp is considered a moderate trek. Furthermore, we will hike on the stone pathway, slightly climb up on the rock steps along with an alluring view of the landscape, mountain peaks which make us the best hiking experience.
Insurance for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Scenic Nepal Treks suggest you have Good Insurance for your Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Please also make sure that your insurance covers emergency Evacuations and hospitals bills.
Accommodation during the Annapurna Base Camp Trek
During your trek, we will provide a basic Lodge which depends on the trek location. However, rest assured that we will try our best to provide our clients with the best option, such as in Ghorepani Poonhill you will get private twin sharing room along with hot shower but around in Annapurna Base Camp you will get a single room where there are 4-6 beds on sharing including your breakfast lunch dinner according to Nepali Cultural food.
Is drinking water easily available during the trek? How safe it is?
You can buy a water bottle that is 100% safe to drink. However, you can refill the water which is available in each and every lodge. Generally, It will be better to bring purifying tablets for safe drinking during the trekking journey.
Guide and Porters for Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Yes, it is necessary to have you Tour operator along with Porter. We Scenic Nepal Treks provide you with a professional experience guide to give you information on your footsteps.
What happens if I get sick in the mountain?
Simply, Coughs and Headache are normal in Mountain. However, if you suffer from high syndrome illness you have to make your way backward. . Representative of Scenic Nepal Treks will be kept in touch with your guide for the entire trip.
How do I avoid altitude sickness?
- Acclimatization: After 1000m ascent stay one more night for acclimatization
- Do not make a rapid ascent
- No alcohol, no sleeping pills, no smoking, no sex
- Drink more: about 3-4 liters day-clean water (boiled, filtered, or medicated), tea, coffee, soup, and juice
- No heavy backpacks
- Climb higher, always sleep lower
- Ascent less than 300m a day above 3.000m of altitude
- Everyday Drink 3/4 Ltr water
- Eat well and regularly
- Wear proper warm cloth while you are at a high altitude.
- Be aware of wind prevention.
- If you have mild symptoms, do not proceed higher. Take aspirin tablets.
- If you have worsening symptoms, go down immediately.
- Do not leave your team member behind unattended
- Trekking Boots and Spare Laces
- Hat (Warm), Scarf, and Gloves
- Waterproof Jacket
- Running shoes, Sandals or Flip flops
- Wool blend socks, socks liner
- Thermal Innerwear
- Sun Hat
- Fleece Jacket T-Shirts (Quick Dry)
- Down Jacket (Min -10C) Depends on where/When you are trekking
- Sleeping Bag and Silk Liner (Scenic Nepal Treks Provide you)
- Maps, Torch (Flash Lights), and Water Bottle
- Duffel Bag (Scenic Nepal Treks Provide you)
- Quick-drying Camp Towel
- Laundry Soup Powder or bar
- Toilet Paper and Cigarette Lighter ( If you Smoke)
- Sunblock Cream and Lip warm
- Polarizing Sunglasses
- Water Purification Tablets
- Medical and First Aid Kit Box (We Scenic Nepal Treks Provide you, however, we recommend you to use your own if you have)
- Locks for your Bags during the trek
Popular Annapurna Base Camp trek Itinerary
DAY 01 Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 meters)
DAY 02 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (833 meters.) 6 hrs by drive
DAY 03 One hour drive to Nayapul (1,050 meters) and trek to Tikhedhunga (1,575 meters)
DAY 04 Trek to Ghorepani (2,840 meters) From Tikhedhunga (1557 meters) 4/5 hrs
DAY 05 Early morning hike up to Poon Hill (3,210 meters) and trek to Tadapani (2,640 meters)
DAY 06 Trek to Chommrong (2,140 meters) from Tadapani(2,640 meters)
DAY 07 Trek to Dovan(2,500 meters) from Chommrong(2,140 meters)
DAY 08 Trek to Deurali (3,230 meters) from Dovan (2,500 meters)
DAY 09 Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130 meters) Via Machhapuchhre Base Camp
DAY 10 Trek back to Sinuwa (2,310 meters) 4/5 hrs
DAY 11 Trek to Jhinu hot spring (1,780 meters) 5 hrs
DAY 12 Trek to Nayapul(1,050 meters) 3/4 hrs and drive to Pokhara ( 1 hr)
DAY 13 Drive back to Kathmandu
DAY 14 Transfer to the International Airport for your final departure.
DAY 01 Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
DAY 02 Early Morning Flight to Pokhara ( 25 mins) Drive to Naya Pul and trek to Ulleri [2,050m/6,725ft]: 1 hr drive and 5/6 hrs trek
DAY 03 Ulleri - Ghorepani (2,750m/ 9,020ft): 4 - 5 hrs trek
DAY 04 Ghorepani - Poonhill – Chiule (2,700m ) 7 hrs Trek
DAY 05 Chiule – Sinuwa (2,340m ) 7/8 hrs Trek
DAY 06 Sinuwa – Deureli (3,230m) 7 hrs Trek
DAY 07 Deureli – Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) 6-7 hrs Trek
DAY 08 Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) -Bamboo (2,310m) 6/7 hrs Trek
DAY 09 Bamboo – Jhinu Dada (1,780) 5- 6 hrs Trek
DAY 10 Jhinu Dada - Nayapul ( 1,340)4/5 hrs) and Drive back to Pokhara
DAY 11 Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu(200km) 6/7 hours drive
DAY 12 Final Departure
DAY 01 Arrival day in Kathmandu [1,350m/4,264 ft]
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara, Drive to Sewai, trek to Chomrong (1,940m/6,360 ft): 5 - 6 hours trek
Day 03: Trek to Himalaya.5 - 6 hours.
Day 04: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3,700m): 5- 6 hours.
Day 05: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2,335m)
Day 06: Bamboo to Jhinudadada and Mudkhu then drive to Pokhara: 4 hours trek, 3 hours' drive
Day 07: Morning Flight Back to Kathmandu
Day 08 Final Departure
For further more information, please feel free to write us anytime at [email protected]